Canadian Citizenship Certificate

If you are a Canadian Citizen but were not born in Canada, the only way you can prove your citizenship is by possessing a Canadian Citizenship Certificate. If you became a citizen by applying for citizenship (you “naturalized”), then you were issued this certificate when you swore the oath. (Before 2012, you would have been issued a wallet-sized card.) If you were born outside of Canada to a Canadian citizen, you need to apply for your certificate.

You need your Citizenship Certificate to get or renew your passport. You may also need it to

  • renew your driver’s license
  • renew your health card
  • enrol in school/college/university
  • begin a new job.


  • Replacement Canadian Citizenship Certificate
  • Application reviewed for completeness and filed with IRCC (formerly CIC)
  • Supervision by a Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC)

Starting at:

Includes IMMIgroup fee, HST, Government fee, Courier fees

Get Proof of Citizenship

Prove Your Status in Canada.

We’ll review your application for accuracy and completeness and file it with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).