Applying in Canada you need to contact IRCC to get information about your citizenship certificate (proof of citizenship).
1-888-242-2100 – Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. E.S.T.
Tip: Calling IRCC is not easy, here are a few tips to help you:
- You should only call for technical questions you couldn’t resolve on your own.
- Expect to be on hold for at least 45 minutes. Put your phone on speaker.
- Call first thing in the morning or in the early afternoon. Avoid Mondays.
Note: IRCC only takes calls from inside of Canada. If you what to learn how to contact IRCC from outside of Canada, click here.
Tip: To learn how to check your application status online, click here.
Checking the status of your application, click here to learn how.
Applying outside of Canada you need to contact the nearest Canadian diplomatic mission.
Tip: it’s best to contact the Canadian Embassy in your country first. Usually they are responsible for these type of applications.
Here is the directory of all the Canadian Embassies and Consulates: Click here
Contact a third-part company (Immigroup) to do this service for you, click here, or call 1-866-760-2623
For an extra service fee Immigroup can handle the entire application process for you from beginning to end.
For more FAQs, click here.
Need an easier way to get a replacement citizenship certificate?
Why not get some support?
1. We make sure everything is perfect! No returned applications.
2. We track and deal with the government for you. Try calling IRCC yourself. It’s a mess.
3. Need your document fast? Again, we can help.